It's been a busy time the last week. Last weekend we had friends come to visit and spend the weekend as well as The GuitarMan being home and my mom was also visiting! This week the children have been battling allergies and the grumpies that accompany them. Yet we still managed to homeschool and even had a field trip to a local ministry house that gives aid to the needy. they have been learning about communities and family in Social Studies along with the difference between needs and wants, so it was good timing. Lately fierce storms have been periodically moving through so we are appreciating the nice weather. Tomorrow we plan to go to a local attraction where the children can play in the water and sand. They have new bathing suits and water shoes so they are beside themselves with anticipation. Oh, my that made me think, I forgot to purchase sunscreen! I'm going to be leading/teaching the music at our Vacation Bible School this summer. I'm working on learning the new VBS music along with the moves. The children enjoy practicing with me and we almost have 2 songs down pat now. Cornbread loves chiming in. It's so cute to hear his little voice bellowing out "J-E-E-S-U-S!!!" at odd moments in the music or "Lu you mo mo mo" along with one of his favorite tune. Don't you know the Lord loves this sweet child's innocent praise? In other news we acquired a new pet. She's a cute little miniature Dachshund and we got her for free! We were on church visitation and had just told a member who has one how much we'd love to have one, too. Later on at another church member's home we were getting up to leave when I glanced out their back sliding glass door and noticed one that looked exactly like the one at the other member's house scratching on the door to come in. Thinking it belonged to this couple we were visiting, we told them how cute it was and how we wanted one. They said, "Well it's not ours, its the neighbor's and they are giving her away." Ten minutes later we had a new addition and a surprise for the children that outweighed the usual chip or candy they might have received when we were gone LOL
Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th...
Comments
Post a Comment