Skip to main content

Baby Steps

Hope you've had a good day today. We have been having some lovely autumn weather at our house! Yet I still have the urge to get the Christmas decorations out. Normally I am one of those people who likes to get Thanksgiving completed before moving on into the Christmas festivities. But there is just something about this year that has me ready to get all of the holidays going and squeeze out all the wonder.

So my house now has icicle lights hung 3/4 of the way across the front. It's a small start but still an official start!

I can't wait for the holiday cooking shows on Food network and the Christmas romantic comedy movies to begin.

We also did a little rearranging today along with some cleaning out. I am going through the children's things and doing away with broken toys or the things that just don't interest them. I still have a ways to go until I can check "satisfied" or "completed" on my mental list. But still, like the Christmas lights, I can say it is an official start. I'm also hoping to do a bit of painting in one of the bedrooms as well. When, well, I can't really say. Finding the time and energy when the children are asleep is the problem! They would oh, so , love to help out!

The GuitarMan has moved on from New Orleans. I thought they would finish up there on the tour but they left this afternoon headed for another destination in Louisiana where they will sing tomorrow. From there it is on to Mississippi.

Supper tonight was just a simple old kid's favorite, gourmet hot dogs. Slitting the middle and filling with sliced cheese, then toasting in the oven is what makes them gourmet. :) And I even gave everyone their choice on chips....Doritos, cheese curls or plain chips! But while I was slaving away on that(ha!) we also had a whole chicken roasting on the grill for tomorrow. So that's done....smells sooooo good!

All in all, it was a good day. Not perfect, but good. Nothing so bad a gooey, home baked Chocolate chip cookie couldn't help. :)

I hope tomorrow is a beautiful day to spend worshiping the Savior!

Comments

  1. I am with you! Baby steps is what gets it done. And prepping for Christmas now, just makes the anticipation all the more highened! Glad you had a good week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!