Skip to main content

Happenings Around Here

Well, another dog lost. :( This time it wasn't a car but something more sinister...a rattlesnake. She was bitten yesterday evening and lasted about 4 1/2 hours. Poor little Chi-Chi is only about 6 pounds or so and just couldn't take the venom. LadyBug seems to be taking it the hardest among the children. Our Bassett Hound, Daisy, and Chi-Chi are the best of friends and poor Daisy has spent the day looking for her. So sad.

The GuitarMan has finished his semester and is home now. I introduced him to Pilates this morning. We worked out together. Ha ha, now if that wasn't a sight I just don't know what would be! He has a new found admiration for it now though.

Afterwards I cut the FisherMan's hair outside under the plum tree while the children played in the pool. He asked if there was a way we could be any more redneck. I had plenty of ideas on that if he wanted but he didn't want to take part lol. Apparently it was a rhetorical question.

This week was one of appreciating nature. We watched a butterfly this morning after it had emerged from it's chrysalis. It was a slow process as it allowed its wings to dry and stretch but finally it took flight.

It was rather surreal to be watching this new life readying itself for adventure while we were in the process of burying our dog. The children helped us bury her at the back of our garden.

As scary as the snake incident was, it made the children realize why we make them be so careful outside. This years seems like it's going to be a bad one for snakes. This is the second one we've had. Several people have already had them in their yards too.

Earlier this week we had a nest of baby birds also take flight. We did not realize it but then The FisherMan arrived home and noticed something in Chi-Chi's mouth. It was a baby bird. He rescued it in the nick of time. Then we got to looking and found them all inside the gazebo and cook shack fluttering and tweeting. The one our dog had caught was smaller than the rest and could not fly, whether it be from size or the scare of being in the dog's mouth, I do not know! We kept it for a few hours in a laundry basket until she seemed ready to try again. FlowerChild really wanted to keep it. She could not see why it wasn't ok to keep a wild bird even when we tried to explain that it would be more cruel to keep it than to release it.

Yes, it is always something at our house! And now I have to run as it must be laundry. No laundry fairy has arrived to take care of it so that leaves me! However I do have two little girls coming on up that love to play fairy! hhmmmm..... that gets me to thinking ;)

Comments

  1. I am so sorry at the loss of your CHi Chi. This has been a hard year for your family in deed. We know that God work's things to the greater good and we times are hard, that's what we can hold on to. We have to, otherwise the worry and heart break would eat us alive. Big hug's to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle
    Thank you! It really is just one thing after another. I was thinking today though that the Lord gives me hope...hope for better days. I can not imagine what people do that do not have Him in their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about Chi Chi and all the stuff that's been going on. The good days really sound good though. I've been having some seriously down days for a couple months or more, but it feels like maybe the days are going to be going back up here soon. It was so good to come back here and see your blog and read what's going on. You inspire me, truly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty
    So good to have you come by and comment! I'm sorry things have been rough for you lately. But I am glad that the sun is starting to shine a bit more for you, too. Hopefully both of us will soon get back to blogging regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry about the dog. It must be hard for you since dogs are so fun to be with. Will be missed.
    dining room tables

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry for the not so good happenings there! God always has a purpose for these things to happen.
    dining room tables

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeping you and your family in prayer. Hope you we be in a place to update us in the near future.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!