Skip to main content

Still here....

I haven't been around much this week...one, thanks to Ida we had lots of rain here and it always interferes with internet service....two, I've had some projects going to keep me busy.

We did some painting and some rearranging...the girls to a larger bedroom (they were busting at the seams!) and Cornbread to their old bedroom (perfect for a toddler...I can't believe LadyBug wasn't much older than him when we moved here!). Their room was a nice girly PINK so we had to change that to a more masculine tan.

I had no idea they had so much stuff! No wonder it was such a nightmare to keep their room neat! I still have to go through all the toys and clothes to get them organized and find an easy suitable way to store them. Any ideas for Barbie dolls and their accessories? (it just occurred to me that these days the aim seems to be to make the toys as realistic as possible but this is ridiculous! I swear the barbies and baby dolls seem to be somehow reproducing!) You know how they all come in sets, of course. Then all the pieces get jumbled together. I hate that! Right now they are in large tubs. But I would like to store them in such a way that I could label and keep the sets together for them. I had wondered about those under-the-bed shoe sorters but I don't know if one would hold everything without still combining sets. Ha, come to think of it, I need something to store their shoes, too!

Then we have all the beloved baby dolls. Once again, any ideas for storage? I know some of you are super organizers...help me out! :)

Now my girls? Their idea for storing their things would be to spread all their baby dolls across the couch along with the various little blankets, bags and whatnots. The floor would be covered with their barbies and all their artwork would be in easy reach on the coffee table or floor. Shoes would be scattered decoratively around in such a way as to necessitate a search party to find the mates.

You see my battle here. Clean, clutter, trash, treasure....I am really hoping that giving them a larger space with more storage will help them see the beauty of putting their toys away! Then again they may just see more space to clutter up :) Ah, well, it's only a season.

Comments

  1. Hey, as far as Barbies and accessories go...My mom used to have me keep mine in a long flat plastic storage tote under my bed. We put jewelry, shoes, and other small accessories in either small "tupperware" containers or ziploc bags.

    I know someone who took an adult sized over the door shoe storage thing and put their barbies or beanies in. Or use that for shoes. The dollar tree has the plastic shoe boxes and other cute storage baskets.

    We can always take a look Saturday, and come up with some ideas while the guys are moving the piano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama Hen,
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards flat storage that can slide under the bed. I've sill got to sort through it to figure out just how much is worth keeping. Once I see just how many toys I'm dealing with then I can figure out if shoes need to go over the door or under the bed.
    Baby steps LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was beginning to wander about you :)

    Sister- I feel you pain! If you find something that works well, please pass it along. Right now we have those stinking polly pockets in a big box, with absolutely no organziation. Barbies are in another box the same way. I have been meaning to do what you are doing, so let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shana,
    I'm planning on a dollar store expedition to find just the right storage solutions. Maybe we can put our heads together and come up with some good ideas! I'm ready to get together again!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th