Skip to main content

Decluttering

Slowly but surely I am getting the furniture arranged to my liking, the toys sorted, and restoring order. Yet I am still surrounded by chaos. It is aggravating but I know I will get it finished and my home will be better for it.

What's funny is that while I am finding long lost items I am also losing everyday items. Usually it isn't actually lost but just blended in with its surroundings. A hairbrush carelessly tossed is instantly hidden. It was there the whole time I just couldn't see it for the other items. This also tends to happen when I am at my busiest and in a hurry. I want the item when I want it! So I am really trying to stress to my girls to return things to their proper home after use.

I find the same to be true with my spiritual armor. I know it's there somewhere. But when I get lazy I tend to toss it down, assuming it will be instantly available at my beck and call. Then when I can't find it I realize it is hidden in the clutter of my life.

The thing is, it's not until you are under spiritual attack that you realize you might be vulnerable. And Satan notices when you are wide open for attack. His barbs hit you when you least expect it... whispering.....reminding.....suggesting.

So while it is good to declutter your home from time to time it is essential to declutter your life to make room for the necessity of putting on the armor of God. Don't let activity, responsibility, worries, all crowd in to rob you of your spiritual protection. Rearrange your priorities to give God first place.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!