Skip to main content

Full of Ordinary

I hope it's been a good day for everyone. The GuitarMan came home from college yesterday afternoon and his roommate Z and another friend came today. While he was still asleep this morning we got outside and did a little yard work and let the children play. Cornbread was absolutely adorable out there helping tote limbs. Then he got started chasing his older sisters all over the yard. Well, wouldn't you know The GuitarMan woke up right as we finished? :D What a coincidence!

LadyBug enjoyed helping me cook a big pot of chili for lunch. We also got the BBQ ready to take to a Bible study tonight. She loves to cook! We all gathered in the living room to eat and watch a football game.

Afterwards I cut The GuitarMan's hair for him. It's gotten pretty long and it is also very curly. So it was getting a little hard for him to do much with it, especially with his hand.

Speaking of his hand, it is still improving. (If you are new here read the August 2009 archives to know what I am referring to) It is still swollen and bruised. But the cuts are closed now and almost healed. He might be left with scars, we aren't sure, but that is the least of his worries! The hot water therapy is still quite painful but it is helping. He can bend his fingers and wiggle them some but flexing them is more problematic. The index finger is particularly painful and gives him the most trouble. But we are hoping that will improve with time. He can actually do a few chords on his electric guitar now but not on the acoustic as it requires much more pressure.

Tonight we went to an in-home Bible study and afterwards everyone stayed to watch the ballgame. Well, we actually had to slip on out around the third quarter as we had sleepy children. :) But The GuitarMan and his friends stayed on and then came back here for a few minutes. They have headed on back to the college. Whereas it only takes them around 25 minutes to get to church from school it takes a couple of hours from here. So they opted for staying up a little later to get back and sleep in the morning! They'll be back tomorrow afternoon though as they have plans up this way.

Just a day full of ordinary but one to be thankful for. Tonight at the Bible study someone brought up the differences between talents and gifts. As I told them, I have figured out, particularly since the GuitarMan's accident, that no matter the activity, if you can do it, then it is a gift from God. Not only that, it can be snatched away in an instant. So live out everything to God's glory even the ordinary moments.

Have a blessed Lord's day tomorrow. :)

Comments

  1. Hi Everybody's Mama,

    I just wanted to take a moment to let you know your recent posts have been a blessing! Also, thank you for following my blog, Her Peculiar Life. I pray that each time you visit you will be as blessed as your posts have been to me.
    We hope to return home within the next couple weeks. When we get settled back in, I hope I will have time to share some of the lessons our Lord has blessed me with this summer.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Guitar Man's hand is doing better. I'm sure he'll have a full recovery. He has youth on his side, he is motivated, he has wonderful medical care, and our God is Able!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. B.
    Welcome! Thank you for your kind words! I enjoy your blog as well. I know you will have lots to share!
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary,
    Yes, it is wonderful to see him doing a little better. We are praying still that he regains normal use of his hand once more. Thank you so much for your prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Everybodys Moma,
    Thanks for leaving a message on our blog. My Husband graduated from the college last May and is a Pastor in Alabama. Let us know if there is anything we can ever do for your son. Who knows maybe we can meet one day. Our family loves meeting new people.
    Cristal in Fl
    Helpmeet to David
    Mom to 6 wonderful children

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cristal,
    Welcome! How wonderful that your husband has completed his degree and is using it for the Lord's Kingdom!
    Thank you so much. We still have friends in that area and at the college. It is always so good to know there are folks looking out for your baby, even if you have to stand on tippy-toe to give him a neck hug LOL!
    I think there is a good chance we may have mutual friends. Perhaps we will have the opportunity to meet. I will drop you an email. Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear One,
    What a wonderful week-end you had.
    Said a prayer for your son's hand.
    Our families are precious to us.
    The difference between talents and gifts...that's a very good thought!
    Have a blessed Autumn,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deanna,
    Yes, it was a relaxing weekend with those I love. Thank you so much for your prayers!!
    Talents and gifts...it is definitely something to ponder. Even more so, are we using them to the fullest for our Savior?
    Thanks for visiting today, be blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th