Skip to main content

More Sickness Around Here :(

Just wanted to let folks know where I was. This time it is Mama who is sick. Not sure what is going on other than I am miserable! It began with a backache yesterday which gradually spread to muscle aches all over. Then I started running fever last night. Today it has stayed 100-101 degrees all day despite taking tylenol every 4 hours. The muscle aches are still here and now the chills have also begun.

It's hard to believe that I would have Roseola. But that is the only thing I know for sure I have been exposed to. Most people have it as an infant/toddler and if not, they develop antibodies by 4 years of age. Adult roseola is quite rare. As many years as I have spent working in early childhood, children's ministry, not to mention having 4 children of my own, I would think I would be immune. Oh, well, I guess time will tell. But if this what it feels like to a little one, poor baby!

In the meantime, hubby grabbed burgers for lunch and grilled chicken for supper. I thought we would have enough leftovers to go with it so I wouldn't have to cook. But I wound up fixing some mac and cheese to stretch it for the children. That was the longest 7 minutes cooking the pasta! I was freezing and aching, just so ready to go climb under a blanket LOL! But that is where I am now. I am wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket.Cornbread is in my lap going to sleep. The girls will go down any minute now. The GuitarMan just left. Oh, yeah, bedtime here I come!

Comments

  1. Praying you feel better. Mama you know you can't get sick, it's against the law :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shana
    I feel a little bit better today. The fever climbed last night but is better this morning. That in itself helps. I have WAY too much to do to include time for sickness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I didn't know adults could get roseola! When adults get these childhood diseases it can be quite bad. Hope you are all better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Civilla,
    Thank you, I hope it is better soon too! I didn't have fever all day today but I felt bad. Now the fever is back. Arghh. I don't know if it is roseola or not. I am sort of assuming based on the symptoms and Cornbread being sick. We'll see what happens when the fever really breaks. I suppose it could be flu but I associate that with cold symptoms in addition to the fever and muscle aches. I don't know of anyone who has been sick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you fee better soon. Praying it's not the flu!!! A local school has been plagued (not all h1n1 flu). Missed you at church yesterday. Had no clue where you left off of the story, so we winged it with Balaam's story...lol.
    Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and all can shake whatever is going around!!!

    Love ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are praying for you that you and the family feel better soon. We love ya'll lots.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!