Skip to main content

Update and Catch-up

Thanks to everyone who prayed for Lucas and his family. He is going to be released from the hospital. The MRI was clear but there is a lot of severe bruising. He is still in much pain so I would ask that you continue to pray for him. As I said before, God can use everything to His glory so I would love it if you would also pray that He would use this accident in just such a way for this family.

As for our family, well yesterday was one of those slow and easy days that seemed to just drift along. Yet somehow it also turned out to be a very productive day! The FisherMan was working, of course. The boys slept in, catching up on their rest after the weekend. The children and I played outside in the morning. That afternoon the rain rolled in so we snuggled in the rocker and read books. I thought they might slip into a catnap but it didn't happen. I did, however, manage to make myself sleepy! I would doze off mid-sentence, only to have them nudge me, saying, "What happens next?" LOL

The boys had a great weekend in Panama City. They came in all excited about it! Everyone attending had a touch from the Lord. Just because they were leading the worship music it didn't mean they were exempt. Hearts were broken for the Lord and priorities were rearranged, even cast out, in favor of yielding to the Father's will over their own. Following the message, groups gathered all over the beach crying and praying together as the boys played and sang. One of the youth leaders even came to the realization that he wasn't saved. In addition to being saved he asked to be baptized so it was done right there in the Gulf!

After this worship time the boys walked back from the beach carrying their guitars. As they approached the exit deck a girl came up and asked them if they were the ones that had been singing. They told her yes. (Inside they were thinking, oh please don't ask us to sing you a song. They were exhausted to the point that heir voices were beginning to crack)

It turned out that another group had been down the beach and could hear them. (They did not see them so the boys were totally unaware of this) Their own leader had just finished a message when the music began. He told them just listen and pray. Several souls were also saved in their group! So the beach at Panama City was covered with groups of praying teens seeking God. How awesome is that?!

Well, as they talked members of that group started coming up to meet them. They were asked to sing again. Despite their exhaustion they agreed and started singing right there on the deck at the entrance to the beach. To their amazement, all exhaustion left and their voices were stronger than ever! Other people who were strolling along the beach began to stop to hear them. Before they knew it they had a crowd around them and worship started all over! I wonder out of the strangers who stopped how many might not have known Jesus?

I am so happy to see how these boys want to serve God. They are writing new songs almost daily. It is exciting!

Comments

  1. How wonderful, I have chill bumps just reading this, they are great. Lucas is home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Country Life Girl,
    God is Almighty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so wonderful. I have tears reading your post. I seldom hear stories anymore about God moving, and people getting saved.
    I also wanted to let you know that I may not be blogging anymore. There has been some issues regarding my blog with someone else, and I am praying about what to do.
    I just thought I would let you know, since I have spent so much time on your blog, and still my drop by sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Treany,
    Oh, I am so sorry to hear this about your blog! I love reading about your life! I will join you in prayer.
    It is sad that we don't share it more often when God works. He is a LIVING God and we all have a testimony to share at any given time!
    Don't be discouraged! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great post. Thank you SO much for sharing it! How awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty,
    Oh, isn't it awesome? The boys were just on fire about it when they came home. So glad it has encouraged others! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!