Skip to main content

Family Chit-Chat

It's 'church night' so everyone is up late attempting to wind down. We stayed a little late tonight talking VBS. I am so thankful we have such gifted ladies at our church! With everyone pitching in it should be a success. Everyone has their own special talent with some being blessed with talent(S).

Cornbread is in my lap going to sleep (with his foot propped up here on the keyboard LOL) and the girls are in the other room watching a video and eating a bowl of cereal before bed. We had a late lunch today so no one really wanted any supper at the normal time. The FisherMan's sister called and asked if we'd like to meet for lunch. So we headed off to the little big town to meet and eat. It was a fun time as always with her. The children enjoyed going through their goodie box when we got home.

We celebrated The GuitarMan's birthday last night with a special supper. We fixed a few of his favorites....grilled ribs, courtesy of Daddy, Mama's baked beans, along with some more sides, followed by a chocolate truffle cake. Yum! Still waiting for our anniversary meal LOL. Although I did have to go to the doctor Monday and ate a Big Mac on the way so I guess I shouldn't complain!

The GuitarMan has gone for a July 4th getaway to the beach. That sounds nice but when I think of the crowds I am glad we will be at home! I will miss him while he is gone but he adores the beach so I know he will have a good time.

So that is the latest on the family. Nothing huge but that is a good thing! Say, did you hear about Billy Mays? The Oxy-Clean guy? The FisherMan loved his new show Pitchmen. He passed away this weekend and they thought it was from a blow to the head. On a plane ride home during a rough landing a piece of luggage fell and hit him on the head. That night he went to bed early as he wasn't feeling well. He was found dead the next morning. According to some of the news sources, however, there was no sign of a head trauma. Instead it was heart disease. Did you know he was scheduled for his third hip replacement the next day? It seems like the doctors would have found the problem by then since he had to have the surgeries for his hip. Such a shame. His family is just beautiful and he seemed very happy. I feel so bad for them.

Even when times are just ordinary and mundane take time to appreciate them. I'm sure his wife would love just one more ordinary, mundane day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Update

Abigail Hope was born at 2:30 this afternoon. Thank you everyone for your prayers for us. I can truly say I felt the presence of the Lord with me the entire time. Later I hope I can share with you all the little ways that God expressed Himself in this difficult time. Edited to add: I forgot to tell you but her name means "my father's joy and hope"