Skip to main content

I'm So Happy!

I have my internet back! It's been down for a while now. I think the rain is getting in on our phone line and causing problems. I feel like I haven't seen some of my good friends in a while! Isn't that funny how when you blog or read other people's blogs you feel like you know them?

I was contemplating on this "bloggin thang" and there are some cool pros and cons. Obviously the cons aren't so cool and would probably be the weirdos or the trolls who like to stir things up. That is why I prefer to use nicknames for us and retain a level of anonymity.

But I think the pros far outweigh the cons. I have learned so much. I love to read blogs from like-minded women who might be in the same place in life. Striving each day to grow in Christ, raising a family, seeking to bless their husband and children. Maybe they are also home schooling. Maybe they are also a pastor's wife. Sometimes it's not that you have anything in common but that's the point. That person's blog may open up some new idea or hobby for you that you never heard or thought of.

It certainly opens up new relationships. I have even made some new friends. (Don't worry, I don't make a habit of it LOL) Ha, The FisherMan keeps asking me, "Are you sure that's not some convict you're talking to?" I just laugh and say, "Well, if it is, at least I'm on his good side!"

It's neat to read blogs from people you know in real life, too. Sometimes when I read a friend's blog I can just "hear" them as I read! That is particularly nice when it's someone you don't get to see very often. Any of you that don't know me in person...just imagine a very Southern accent!

Blogs can also make it easier to keep up with loved ones. That being said, I also have a by-invitation-only blog for friends and family. I like to remind folks here of it every so often. So once again if you are a friend or family member or know of a mutual one who wants to keep up with us leave me a note in the comments. You will get an email from "Everybody's Mama" inviting you to view it. You just click the link and set up a Google account if you don't have one. Easy peasy! :)

Sometimes it might be someone you don't really know that well. You find out what a cool person they really are. Or not, hee hee! You get to know folks in a different way when you read their thoughts on different subjects or have a peek at their daily life, filled with its own blessings and frustrations. You also grow by seeing how others handle a particular situation or how they do things in general. (whether you know them or not)

If you write a blog it's a great opportunity to let someone learn from you. It's also a chance to bless and encourage. Come to think of it, I guess that is my favorite part of blogging. Whether reading blogs or writing one I get blessed and encouraged! I hope as you visit here you come away feeling the same!

Comments

  1. haha im going to take this as a sign. i havent been on in SUCH a long time!! weeks..ive just been soooo busy but i miss reading your blogs. ill try to get on one soon in the next couple of days! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela!
    I've been waiting on an update from you! Phone call, email, text, blog, smoke signal...ha, ha! Love you, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely: Bless and encourage. That's one of the main reasons why I love blogging [smile].

    ~Luke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luke,
    Hopefully we are striving to do this in real life too but a blog sure helps to further the reach! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!