Skip to main content

An Unexpected Day

Well, one year ago at this moment I was attempting to get ready for bed hoping for a little sleep. But, it wasn't going so well seeing as how I was in labor! So it wasn't long and we were in the road making a mad dash for the hospital for Cornbread's arrival. I'll share the story after I tell you about LadyBug's birth.

Ironic as it seems, today also held a mad dash for medical attention. The day started out as normal as could be. With The GuitarMan coming home there were some things I wanted to have ready. Tomorrow is the birthday party and fish fry at church so there were some things to attend to there as well. I had all the sheets in the wash, dishwasher halfway loaded, homeschooling started.

As FlowerChild was doing her reading aloud she began to complain with an earache. By the time we had begun phonics (only a few minutes later) she started to cry a little and whimper. So schoolwork was set aside and I gave her some medicine. I have one of those little teddy bears that has the heatable pouch inside so I got that heated up for her to put on the ear. Nothing helped. If anything, the pain began to get worse. She began to really cry. So I called the doctor and they said bring her on in even though they had no available appointments. She cried most of the way to the big city. It "just so happened" (thank you, Lord!) that Nurse K that works with our favorite doctor in this group was in the front receptionist area when we signed in. She took one look and asked what was wrong. Immediately she told the front to pull the file and send her on back. (Like I said, thank you Lord!) She has a double ear infection! So he gave her an antibiotic and something for pain. I was amazed at how quickly it set in and there was no fever. It came on because of this cold/allergy thing we've all battled recently. Literally she was fine one minute and in awful pain the next. But I am so glad our usual doctor was able to see her and just hopefully this medicine will help. After all, she has a party to throw tomorrow! And she is as excited as if it were her own!

So that is what my day consisted of. There have been so many trials this week, even this day for that matter, that I haven't mentioned here. But God has been so good to shine through it! For everything that has gone wrong I can honestly say it could have and would have been worse except for His hand. Praise Him through everything!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!