Skip to main content

People Watching....Again!

Well, it's a beautiful Saturday here and I am so thankful for it. This week has been busy as always. Today will be no different. But for now the house is quiet with sleep and I am enjoying a cappucino and my blog. :)

We had to make a run to the hospital in the big city last night because a lady in our congregation was admitted with what they thought might be her heart. When the GuitarMan got in we took off. When we got there I stayed in the car since we had Cornbread with us and he was snoozing away.

Being in clergy parking I had a clear view of the hospital and watched the people coming and going. Now y'all know I am a notorious people watcher! I saw the lady's husband enter holding the hand of their absolutely adorable granddaughter. (This child has the cutest little southern accent with these mischievous sparkling eyes) She was obviously so happy with him as they walked and she would gaze up at him every so often in deep conversation as they walked to see her grandmother. In a little while the son-in-laws strolled in with the babies with that look about them that they were talking "guy talk." Later the two daughters came in, the older a quiet girl, the younger the kind that always seems to be smiling even when she isn't.

In the midst of the family members I recognized were various people visiting patients. Tall, well dressed business men checking their cell phones as soon as they exited. A group of teenagers laughing as they looked for their car. Then a middle aged couple, him, skinny with long gray hair, a rough beard and tatoo with worn jeans. Her, heavier with bleached blond hair, short shorts and a tank top. Not the kind most might notice but if you looked closer you saw his hand gently take hers in a protective fashion as they crossed the street and her lean naturally closer to him. He carried in his other hand a vase of simple hand picked yellow flowers with a balloon. I wondered who they might be visiting.

And after a bit I recognized the familiar build of the man exiting the shadowy door at the front entrance and heading my way. I've loved him for a very long time now. I still light up when he approaches.

It all got me to thinking how blessed we are to have our families especially as we get older. How many take it for granted? Do you have people in your life to love? Who love you? Take time to appreciate them. Strive to bless them and you will be blessed yourself. Don't look at serving your family or your friends as a chore. God is granting you with the strength to invest time and energy in them! Don't squander the vitality or time you've been given!

Now get off the computer and go find something to do to make someone you love happy or their life a little easier! And be blessed! :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!