Skip to main content

Going Through A Trial?

Are you facing some tough situations right now? I know things aren't easy for some of my readers. I came across this quote and thought I would share it here.

Though we may not know what trials wait on any of us, we can believe that, as the days in which Job wrestled with his dark maladies are the only days that make him worth remembrance, and but for which his name had never been written in the book of life, so the days through which we struggle, finding no way, but never losing the light, will be the most significant we are called to live.
Robert Collyer

I love that! The bad times are not just a time to grit your teeth and make it through just waiting for it to be over. No, these are days of significance that may very well be the most important days of your life!

We never know what each day may hold, may it be good or bad. Your trial may be your health, your relationships, loneliness, finances, or any number of things. You may very well be at the end of the trial and not even know it! Can you imagine if you were to give up today and the storm was ending tomorrow? Perhaps a storm is about to hit and you don't even know it. Or maybe your trial is more of a thorn in your side that has no end.

No matter the situation I want to encourage you to look for God's hand in it, holding you, guiding you and molding you for the better. He doesn't want you to become bitter and miserable because of this. He wants you to turn to Him and soften your heart towards Him so that He can do a mighty work in you. There is going to be someone who crosses your path who is dealing with the same thing. You will be the one who can encourage them and understand in a way no one else can! I am praying for God's love, blessing, healing and glory in your life today!!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad that you stopped by my site and left a comment. Sure hope you'll drop by again. I will enjoy reading your blogs and getting to know you better!
    Love the names you've come up to use for your family. I'll be back to visit.

    The abortion counter is shocking. Isn't this a sad statement about babies that never got a chance to live outside the womb...so very sad.

    God bless you,
    ~Deanna~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome post--and it comes at just the right time for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna,
    So glad you popped over to visit my blog. I enjoyed looking at yours, too! It's so nice to make new friends who share a love for Jesus. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris,
    So glad it spoke to your heart. Praying for you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A thorn in my side. What a way to look at things. Kind of like the cross we have to bear everyday. I find it's all in my perspective of things. God's ways are so much bigger than ours. Mostly I think, it all boils down to trust. To KNOW He knows what is best for us no matter how much it may hurt or how long it may last.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mommyx12,
    Welcome! Great thoughts. Isn't it wonderful to know we CAN place our trust in God and His plans? Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!