Skip to main content

Blessed to be Busy

It's a busy day I have planned today so I thought I would hop on for a quick post while things are relatively quiet. I've only had 3 interruptions since I got online! I posted Sunday but afterwards we had a scare. Just before time to go back to church our dog, Rosie, was bitten on the nose by a snake. Her head swelled to a huge proportion! Poor thing, her nose even split a little at the site of the bite due to the swelling. But she ate and played normally, happy as a lark. By the next day the swelling was greatly reduced and the split was even beginning to heal. Now she just has a little lump at the site with a small white line across it. The FisherMan said he had always heard if a dog has dewclaws that they are more resistant to snakebite. The old wives tales can sometimes be just that, tales. But there are some that have an element of truth to them. How about you? Have you ever heard that one?

Yesterday Cornbread had his one year checkup. He was a stout little guy with wide shoulders when he was younger but he has turned into a wiry little guy who is all muscle (Hmmm, sort of like his big brother!). He weighs 19.6 pounds. I don't wonder that he weighs so little. He is on the go all the time! He can take a few steps but refuses to walk very far since he knows how much faster he can get to his destination if he crawls!

While we were there we asked the doctor to just take a listen to LadyBug's chest. Most coughs develop after the nasal congestion has begun, usually due to allergy or cold. She developed a cough out of nowhere a couple of days ago and it sounds a bit concerning. It isn't one of those dry hacky type coughs that result from a tickle in the throat. Instead it is a deep, wet cough that lasts for a while. I am so glad we did ask, because when he checked he found that she had bronchitis! This time last year she had pneumonia but we caught it so early that it did not have a chance to really set in. I am afraid we would have been facing the same thing had we not "followed our gut feeling" again. Even though she started medicene yesterday the cough is worse today. I think the dr office would have been graced with our presence two days in a row! I am thankful for our pediatrician!

Now that the weather is so nice we find ourselves outside at the gazebo, commonly referred to as "the manhut" much more frequently. Yesterday after we got back from the doctor we spent some time out there again. The Fisherman puttered in the garden and the children played on the driveway with their 'cook stuff.' The GuitarMan brought his electric guitar and amp out there and serenaded us. I think the FisherMan's hair may be a little thinner now LOL! (And yes, I told you we live in the country....good thing!) We grilled for supper thus squeezing a few more minutes of the day spent outdoors.

Well, I have to get to that full day I mentioned. Of course, homeschooling needs to be finished. The laundry fairy has still not opted to visit my house, though she has a standing invitation! I will confess there are still groceries to be put away, too. The children needed to be put to bed when we got in from the store so only the cold items were put away. The rest of it is sitting in happy little piles around the countertops or still tucked in plastic bags. General cleaning is always on the list! In the midst of all that meals must be cooked and dishes washed.

Since I was on the go for the last 2 days it would be easy to get discouraged at all the things waiting for my attention. Can you say "Overwhelmed???!!!!" But better to take a step back and take it one thing at a time with plenty of time thrown in for hugs and kisses, smiles and laughter. And of course, with a little one who had shots yesterday and one who is sick, snuggling in the rocker! It's thanks to the blessings in my life that I stay so busy!

Comments

  1. Well your days sound like me over here on this coast. It's 9:00 straight up and I'm avoiding every task in the book. I just ask my little one..."Do you want to go to the zoo?" -( So I could avoid school and just play with them.) He said no!....It's too cold for the beach so...school here we come...I might as well do some laundry...ugghhh Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorrie,
    Homes can be different yet so much the same! I miss living close to the beach....it's probably a very good thing I don't have that distraction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog while perusing blog catalog. I absolutely adore it...stop by and check mine out...http://www.yesiknowwhatcausesthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris,
    Welcome! Thanks for stopping by! I will definitely drop by your place. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!