Skip to main content

This Is My 100th Post and We're Talkin...

...bathrooms! Somehow that strikes me as funny. You would think I could come up with something a little more profound but honestly looking at the headlines just overwhelms me. There is just so much happening at once!

All I can say on that one is everyone better be watching and praying. To say that end time prophecy doesn't matter is to totally disregard much of what God has laid out in His Word. As a parent we do our best to prepare and guide our own children for something they have not experienced. Why do so many people feel so scared to think God would do the same? So many folks either listen to ANYONE proclaiming knowledge on the subject OR they run at the first mention of it. Have you heard the pan out theory? I believe it will all "pan out" in the end. I just do not believe that is how God wants us to look at it.

But back to my bathroom. The FisherMan finished up in there and it looks so much better! He cleaned all the mildew up and removed all the old caulking. Then he recaulked and painted everything. He even redid the medicine cabinet and towel racks. We had the best time the other night. There was some kind of inspirational music awards on TV and we had that on. He was working away in the bathroom and the children were dancing to the music. The windows were up and it was just so pleasant. Anyhoo, I scrubbed everything down in there and washed the shower curtain, etc. Now it is so bright and clean with fresh rugs and curtains. It makes me just want to go sit in there, ha! Actually if the weather gets as bad as they say it will, I may get that wish so maybe I better not say that!

We are planning on doing some more painting and rearranging around here. I suppose it is the spring cleaning urge hitting. The hallway needs to be repainted. We are going to play musical bedrooms to better suit the family's needs. Well, it's like the children's book "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie".... if you move Cornbread to the girls' room you'll have to cover the pink paint. And if you move them to another room you'll have to paint it pink. If you move the bed from this bedroom to a smaller one you'll have to switch the dressers..... You get the picture! Get ready, all my local friends. If we decide to do this we will also need to move the piano again! Haven't decided yet where but we will see..... :o) Oh, but Papa Rooster will be glad to know that if my measurements are correct we can move the bookcases out of the hallway...if he helps move the piano, that is! LOLOLOL

Comments

  1. Oh yes, I just can't see Papa Rooster AND the piano coming down the hall with those bookcases. We're not completely moving Guitarman out are we? With all the rearragning, just wondering where you'll put everyone? Can't wait to see end results!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Willing whenever- I think -- of course we are. Just tell us when!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama Hen:
    "We're not completely moving Guitarman out are we?"

    See I told you I had it in writing that ya'll agreed to help out in this venture! LOL At least in my mind! Kidding :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Country Life Girl: We'll be letting you know! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!