Skip to main content

Friendly Surprises

What a wonderful day it was! The weather was just beautiful so the children were able to get outside to run and play.

FlowerChild had a soccer game this afternoon and we had some surprise visitors! Remember I said that The GuitarMan came home the other weekend from the beach and hoped to spend that Sunday with his "sister"? She is one of his best friends from highschool and now they are about 7 hours from each other. Well, as it turned out she did not come and we all thought she had gone back to school. But she had been at the beach herself since Friday! He left the beach to come back and see her, she was at the beach the whole time and just came back! All that texting and cell phone usage you would think they could keep up with each other a little better!

Anyway it was such a nice surprise when she showed up with her brother (the real one, not The GuitarMan!)and we got to spend some time with them. The little ones were so tickled and FlowerChild could not keep the smile from her face when she finished up her game and came running to give our friend a hug. They really miss her. The GuitarMan was at the game also and it was fun to see them all back together again laughing and joking. You NEVER know what is going to happen with that crew!

I had another nice surprise this week. I got back in touch with an old friend that I hadn't talked to in quite a while. She lives out west and our boys are the same age. We knew each other when they were in elementary school! Our husbands are both pastors and thanks to moves and fickle computers I had lost her email way back. She is just a sweetheart, a solid friend so it was good to get back up with her. It has me thinking of more folks I should really make the effort to find again. Is there someone you have lost touch with and miss? Try to track them down!

We are gearing up for our Green Fellowship at church tomorrow night. Everyone has to bring green foods. I have several items I plan to bring. I won't tell you until after the fact just what they are. Just in case the recipes flop ya know! But suffice it to say the girls and I will be spending some time in the kitchen tomorrow! Something tells me we may all wind up with green hands and faces by the time we are finished!

Comments

  1. Can't wait to find out what you're bringing tonight. I have no clue what to bring yet! One of those last minute plannings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!