This may be an odd question but here goes: Have you priced birds lately? Pet birds, have you priced them? We had to go to "the big city" tonight and one errand was to run by the pet shop for something. We let the children look at all the animals while we were there because it is after all cheaper than the zoo. A yellow canary was $99.99!!!! And the sign said they are hard to tame, do not get along with other birds so they are best to be left alone, and only the males have a pretty song to sing. So with my luck I would spend $100 only to get home with a psychotic, anti-social female canary who can't sing!
Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th...
If the girls really need a bird, tell them to come see Papa Rooster. We've got thousands to choose from!!! But they'll have to wait until it gets a bit older to be able to tell whether it's male or female. We can't promise a pretty song, but at some point, it's make a nice meal. :)
ReplyDeleteMama Hen: Ha, that is what visiting the pet store is for! No cleaning out cages that way! As for your birds, how 'bout ya'll just keep them until mealtime, then we'll get one! :)
ReplyDelete