Skip to main content

Random Thoughts

The GuitarMan went back to college today. *sigh* He'll be back Saturday though. He is just going to get everything moved back into his dorm room and make sure he is set to go Monday. Little LadyBug seems to be taking it particularly hard. She is such a sensitive soul anyway. The little ones simply adore their brother. He would probably find it hard to believe how quiet it is here without him!

He had not registered or packed yet. So I helped him get his schedule corrected and register. Then he packed and got ready to head out. We went over to a nearby town and had an early supper with him before he left. It was really nice to spend time together. We play a game of clues a lot of times when we are gathered around the table. You'd be surprised how everyone gets in on it and just how challenging and competitive it gets. Last week The FisherMan called our oldest down in Daytona because I had him stumped. (I gave him the option of phoning a friend!) Here are the clues he eventually wound up with. See if you can guess it. Oh, and when we say animal we mean the whole animal kingdom. (makes it more challenging that way!)

1. I am an animal.
2. I am gray.
3. I can be very small or very large.
4. I look shiny but if you touch me it may cut you.
5. I am oily.
6. Men have gotten very rich off of me.

I got them again today.

1. I am an animal.
2. I am not known for my beauty.
3. I am edible.
4. I am usually photographed on the attack.

Son got the first one last week and hubby got the one (finally) today! So do you know what they are?

Afterwards we went by the nursing home and visited with a few of the residents. I don't find it easy to see them in there especially when they start to go downhill. But it is so important that they know they are not forgotten and that God still has purpose in their life. They love to see families come in together and they just delight in the children.

I know this was a random post...maybe slightly chaotic but in a peaceful way? :) But that was how my day was. No particular rhyme or reason just getting things done as they came up. A little laundry here, a little reading there, a little computer here, a little visiting there. Lots of love, lots of laughter, a few tears and frowns along the way. Time for hugs and kisses and lullabys, too. That makes for a full day and a full life! It is so worth it! Enjoy your random days when they happen... that is usually when the memories are made!

Comments

  1. Okay- my first guess would be a shark for the first one .... I'm not totally sure about the 2nd ... I'll think about that some more. yes, those random days are nice ... building memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok ....would the second trivia question be an alligator or croc ?? Hmmm, I may need to consult with my hubby on this one! :) And prob the first! ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm .... okay, the first one maybe is a Catfish? And the second a shark? Okay, you have to email me and tell me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tiff! You did great on the first one! It was a shark. But the second one is not quite there yet. :) Keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A rockfish for the 2nd riddle? Ha! I don't even know what a rockfish is ...I'll google that one! Now that wasn't easy! :) You got me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiffany: Yeah, that is why son could not get it. Too much ESPN! We saw it on Discovery Channel and then on Bizarre Foods...I was shocked when hubby did not guess it right away! It looks like a big rock until it strikes. It's an ugly thing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!