Skip to main content

Quiet Day Around Here

Well, another quiet Sunday afternoon. Ok, this is our house I'm talking about so maybe not exactly "quiet" but relaxed, we'll say.

The GuitarMan came home for a quick visit yesterday. After his dad helped him change his oil he went up to town and visited with friends. After church we had lunch and he has headed back to college now as classes begin tomorrow. His schedule looks to be about the same times as last semester. So he will be up bright and early for 8:00 AM class tomorrow! I'll have to be sure and stock him up with coffee and energy drinks to get him going in the mornings! He is more of a night owl.
It was a good morning at church despite low numbers due to the cold and the rain. We knew many of our older folks would not be able to battle the bad weather. Then we had others who were out for various reasons. We always have fellowship and prayer at church before Sunday School and I cooked today. It was so cozy in the kitchen this morning even with it dark and raining out. The FlowerChild had a fun time helping me bake batches of muffins and biscuits and fry sausage. It made for a nice welcome for everyone as they arrived at church cold and wet but with hot coffee and something yummy waiting!

I teach the ladies class at church on Sunday evenings. I have such a wonderful group of women in there! We have been having a great time discussing marriage, motherhood, and our homes. Although I am the teacher I find the Lord challenging me through my lessons and our discussions! So now I must scoot and get tonight's lesson together. Have a blessed day with your family! God is good ALL the time!

Comments

  1. Mmm..sausage biscuits sounds good. I can't wait for Baby Girl to be at my side in the kitchen. Right now Big Boy (4yo) is my little helper, but is getting more and more interested in Daddy's garage. What a blessing you must be to the ladies at church! I used to teach toddlers Sunday School, not my calling though. I work better with teens. I bet you are proud of your college man! Ooh 8AM classes, I used to hate them too. By senior year though, I became less of a night owl & liked my 8-5 like days. I guess that's all part of growing up. My 15yo SS is talking about going right in the Army, he's in Jr. ROTC and really likes it. I think it might be good for him discipline wise, but I hope he doesn't miss out not going to college right away and waiting. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun anytime your children help out in the kitchen. But I must say it is different with a girl I guess because you are training them for something they will do to care for their own families one day.
    I also teach the youth/college age at church and find that I love it.Then I do the Bible Study portion of children's church and Mission Friends on Wednesday nights. So I stay well-rounded when it comes to different ages! Of course, I guess I could say the same thing about home life as well!
    I am so proud of my son! Hopefully he will make that shift too and learn to shut down at night to get some rest! I worry about him burning the candle at both ends.
    It's hard sometimes to allow them to make those life decisions when you aren't so sure if it is the best thing for them! That is where you learn to bathe it in prayer!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th