Skip to main content

A Little at a Time

When there's a lot to be done and children around that is the approach to take. A little at a time. Remember yesterday's to-do list? Well, I picked it up again today and added to it!

We homeschooled today which was a challenge to say the least! The FlowerChild was short on attention but big on attitude! We finally had a life discussion and surprisingly it helped. At least long enough to finish her schoolwork! :)

I finished some more laundry today but didn't get to the sheets. But the children's clothing and the towels are done. With this household laundry is a never ending chore!

I also managed to get the house picked up, dusted, and vaccuumed. I still need to tackle our room and do this, too. But, hey that door will close if need be!

I went over to the church this afternoon and worked in my Mission Friends room. FlowerChild got into working in there much more than schoolwork. She was quite a help and I could really tell she is growing up. We still have to finish up in that room and move on to cleaning up the nursery. Then I want to clean the carpets and bleach all the toys.

When we got home The FisherMan was leaving out to go on visitation. The children decided they were starving despite the fact it wasn't supper time just yet. We ate spaghetti, garlic bread and salad. With them being cranky and hungry I was so glad I already had a headstart on cooking!

After supper I let the baby have floorplay and we got in the floor with him. I read aloud to the children for a while. Then they got ready for bed and after we got teeth brushed I let them watch a short movie before time to go to sleep. They needed something to help them wind down and what is better than Winnie-the Pooh?

Once they were asleep we went out to check on Rosie and her pups. The puppies were warm as toast but Rosie appears to be so cold. We've done what we could to make a warm spot for her so I hope she stays warm through the night. She looks pretty haggard, not as bad as when she first showed up but still not good at all. I guess having 11 babies takes a lot out of a girl!

Comments

  1. Hello! I just wanted to add something that helped my dog alot when she had puppies. This may sound crazy, but my grandmother is a nurse and she had me make her eggs (I just scrambled them) and give her lots of beef (like a hamburger). My poor dog looked HORRIBLE, her hair was even falling out and this perked her right back up. Oh, and you can just add some raw eggs and olive oil to her dry food to help too (keep it away from the puppies if they can walk and get into stuff). We would have to bring it to her because she was a dedicated nurser and wouldn't eat until she had too and wouldn't drink until she had too (sweet thing).

    Anyhoo, hope that helps and that Rosie is good soon!

    Many Blessings :)
    Ace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ace! Thanks for the info. I will sure try that. I got her some vitamins yesterday. She is terribly skinny again with her little bones just poking through and her hair is coming out. Maybe it will all help her!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!