Skip to main content

Finding Consistency

It is a lazy Sunday afternoon around here. It is cold outside and especially up on the hill at the church. It was chilly this morning when we got there. It was approaching miserable when we left! The weatherman says it is going to get colder...wonder if we could see a little snow out of it? If anything, probably ice - no fun there!

Sunday afternoons mean rest at our house. The FisherMan always takes a nap. The children have quiet time where they rest or read, watch a video, play with dolls. You get the gist of it. Today during this quiet time I have been thinking on how to get my routine more organized this week. I have been working on this a little at a time. Remember I said organization would prevail in this household? Well, I think it may have arrived. It just hasn't brought all the luggage in yet!

Before I got pregnant with my little one last year, I had a good routine going. All rooms were tackled everyday (pretty much). The only thing that needed some work were things like closets, drawers, outgrown clothes, the carport etc. Then I got pregnant. Morning sickness struck. When that subsided I started having trouble with the baby laying on a nerve so my hip would lock up. Literally. It was actually a great pregnancy but routines had to slip which meant some things just went undone. So since his birth 8 months ago I have slowly been trying to get back to where I was. Only better! I want those closets clean! I want every thing to have a place! You see, it wouldn't be readily apparent but I simply can't stand things to be junky! Stuff stacked up everywhere, clutter here, there. It drives me crazy! Which makes it hard when you are in a small place because I have another personality trait. I'm sentimental. You see my dilemma.

So, anyway I have done some deep cleaning and it has helped. I can zoom through and get things cleaned up fairly quickly. However, I also want my girls to learn to do their part so that throws "zooming through" out the window! The areas that were not deep cleaned and organized during my cleaning sprint the other day are being approached in a different way. I am trying to give a few minutes here or there all through the day. If I walk in a room I try to do "Something" to it. It isn't so intimidating that way. The progress gives me some encouragement.

You know, how we handle our homes often parallels our spiritual home as well. I have trouble with consistency and feeling overwhelmed with keeping the home sometimes. Perfectionism creeps in and threatens to take over. Instead of doing things out of love I do them because I have to in order to keep the perfect house or be the perfect wife. Or the opposite. I get too comfortable and think I have a grip on things so I can afford to let something go "just this once". Then when life happens and things go undone I have to struggle to get back where I should be.

There are times the same could be said of my spiritual life. I think I need to be the perfect Christian. Or I let life creep in and wind up not devoting the time I should to my relationship with my Lord. But the thing is Christ never asked me to be perfect. He never said I wouldn't stumble. But He did say He would give me His peace. That's right. GIVE IT. Not you must earn it. I am so thankful for Jesus and how He loves me and guides me! He is in everything and every situation! With Him all things are possible! When I am weak He is strong! Praise His Holy name!

Comments

  1. So true .... and I am soooo thankful for Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you could share some about the spacing of your children....the big gap and then what happened so you could have many close together...if it's something you can share...

    thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!