Skip to main content

Gone visitin'

The children were nestled all snug in their beds....finally! Wednesday nights around here tend to run late for the kiddos. FisherMan being the pastor means we are just about always the last to leave. Tonight was no exception but it was a nice night. Everyone likes to hang around after church and visit. Tonight the weather was pleasant instead of, oh.... frigid, so we could stand outside while the children ran around and screamed and played chase. The grownups talked and tried to stay upright as the little ones used us to hang on as they ran around. You know, the whole "you can't get me" game as they run around you.

When we got home the neighbor's dog showed up to visit, too. Wouldn't be a big thing but he got shot a few days ago! He had been staying up here for a couple of weeks and the children just loved him (i.e. parents were attached and blamed it on children's attachment) Well, he was out on his usual morning rounds of the neighborhood and we heard a shot, looked out and here he came making a beeline for our house. Traumatized my children as he ran back to our house bleeding everywhere...we called his owners and he has been at his house recuperating. So I guess he just came by to say hello, probably heard the children playing up at the church. He seemed to be doing great so the girls were very excited about it. (i.e. parents were thrilled he is ok and blamed it on children's concern)

Once the children were in, cleaned up for bed and settled down for a bedtime snack we turned on the TV in time to catch the last bit of You've Got Mail. It's so cool having these girls after raising a boy. They already love this movie too! (Does anyone else get to the end of that movie and just sigh contentedly?) It got so quiet FisherMan even left it on there and watched it with us. Mind you he will go along with the occasional chick flick but by late evening he is ready for Discovery channel, History, or some action movie.

GuitarMan is out looking at Christmas lights with the church up in town. I figure he can preview it and let us know what we need to do for the little ones. It's always nice to be up when he comes in. That is when we have our best visits as that seems to be when he likes to talk the most.

So that was the excitement in our lives today, visitin here and there. I know, excitement might be stretching it, but what can I say? Wal-Mart day has already gone by this week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Season of Pregnancy (updated)

I know. I have been neglecting this blog. Horribly. That's not the only thing that has been thrown by the wayside lately! It is only for a season though. Pregnancy means you must be patient with yourself and accept that sometimes you must let things slide. That also means that you have to plan in order to conserve your energy. I know if I am going somewhere later today then I don't need to rush around and try to get a lot done in the morning. Priorities must be in order. Although the morning sickness is better it isn't totally gone at this point. Whoever named it that anyway? The main thing I have been dealing with is fatigue. My blog shows it. My laundry shows it. My house shows it. Ack, everywhere shows it! I simply do not have the energy to do the bending up and down required to truly clean up, do laundry, and the vacuuming/sweeping etc. It's quite depressing actually! So I do a little here, do a little there. I manage the necessities such as homeschooling, cooking,

Need Prayers

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th

Latest on GuitarMan

I haven't made a practice of sharing photos with a full facial view on here. However the GuitarMan isn't too worried about that LOL! With many of you praying for him I thought you might like to have an idea of who he is. He is still in a lot of pain. His fingers are all black and blue and his entire hand is swollen. His hand is cut straight across his fingers and across the bottom of his hand. Once again, very obvious what could have happened. He's blown away by everyone caring and checking in him and the prayers on his behalf. He says to thank you all!