Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appt. They could not find the baby's heartbeat. Ultrasound showed that for reasons that are simply unknown right now, the baby has died. If I do not deliver on my own by Monday, then I will be induced. We know that God has a purpose in every life, no matter how short. Right now, there are a jumble of feelings. I'm sure the coming days will be no different. We went to my son and told him in person. He came on home as he wants to be here for all of us, particularly FlowerChild, as she leans on him so much. We haven't told the girls yet as we just aren't sure how to handle that at this point. Today in the South the snow is falling and they feel like it is Christmas. I would rather let them have that and watch their delight as they play. It's not important when they find out so much as it is that I find the right way to tell them. I will probably come at it from the direction of a premature birth or that the baby is sick. Th...
Finding joy and peace because of the chaos in my life, not in spite of it!
Wow! So tiny. I'm glad that you have those footprints. She walked through life for such a short time, but she was here. How are your other children doing?
ReplyDeleteMy 4 year old daughter was practicing her Bible club memory verse today( Psalm 139:14)"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made" I couldn't help but think of your little Abigail's tiny little footprints. So tiny and fragile but yet fearfully and wonderfully made by our great God.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you and your family.
Oh, Civilla! I had to turn to my husband and share that with him..."she walked through life for such a short time, but she was here"...so true!
ReplyDeleteThe younger children all have the flu. So that isn't helping anything. They are still trying to understand. LadyBug seems a little more like herself today. She has been somewhat withdrawn and almost angry over it. FlowerChild is very clingy and full of questions. The GuitarMan took it very hard.He has been a huge blessing and help to us throughout the whole ordeal. He went back to the college tonight.
Just Me,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing that with me! It is so comforting to know that Abigail's life is impacting others! And what an impact...to make us remember how precious is the life within the womb!! Although, as believers, we know this, seeing those little footprints has just touched so many hearts.
Continuing to remember you and your family in prayer.
ReplyDeleteMrs.B
Mrs. B,
ReplyDeleteYou know, it can be easy to say "I'm praying for you" when someone is in the middle of a crisis and then to really follow through and do it. But then life goes on and people move on. Often times we start to forget. But true Christian love remembers that person's pain in the following days. I appreciate so much that you are continuing to pray for us!!